In this section, I presented some reading logs that were the most significant for me.

1. I decided to include the very first reading log because it was very useful in another course that I am taking. In my Introduction to Tourism class, we discussed Indigenous tourism and one of the places we talked about was Head-Smashed-In Buffalo Jump (and we even watched the video about that place). It was interesting how these two courses turned out to be connected with each other. It was also a great experience to learn about Head-Smashed-In Buffalo Jump from different perspectives of the two courses.
  2.  Reading log 3 was important since it helped me learned about the role of women in history. I realized that women in New France were multi-taskers and they might have had even more duties than men (even though many historians of the past disagree with that). So for me, it was a whole new perspective on the role that women played in history.
  3. From the reading log 8,  I found out that duelling in the 19th century in Canada was a very controversial and ambiguous phenomenon. I also learned from this reading log that protecting the honour of a man and his family was very important and, actually tended to be the main reason for duelling.